Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sweet Sunday

Sometimes you have one of those days that's just "lovely." This past Sunday, I was wakened at my usual PT time by the sunrise over the Potomac, casting all the monuments in a red-dawned silhouette. Then I went for PT, quite a long loop across the river, past Arlington National Cemetery, through Washington Harbor and Georgetown, and back.

Then it was time for a brunch of fresh cheese, bread, fruit, coffee, and the Sunday paper at the Marvelous Market off Wisconsin Ave. Then some strolling around the aforementioned monuments in the sweet Indian Summer afternoon.

Then a Princeton Club of Washington reception in the backyard of the Club's President's home, where my stories of "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" were a big hit. Then back home for the season premieres of the cartoons (The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad).

And off to sleep, for sure to dream...

No comments: