Friday, September 21, 2007

Beer and Pizza

About half and hour ago I got back from Cato's weekly Friday happy hour. The media people run it and, apparently, there's always a theme. Tonight's theme was "back to school."

That is, back to college. So there was beer and pizza and wings. And wine for some reason (did girls drink that in college?). Unfortunately, I arrived 10 whole minutes after the thing started -- had been reading the recently released transcript of the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed testimony -- so there were but a few slices left, and almost nothing that wasn't vegetarian. (Why do people always order too much vegetarian? Why is it always us carnivores who are left with nothing appetizing to eat? But I digress...)

A few Coronas and some scintillating conversations in various languages later, I returned to my office to provide you, dear reader, with this (and the previous) blogpost.

No comments: