Monday, July 30, 2007

Sleepless in Baghdad

I've been having trouble regularizing my sleep cycle here. Either I can't fall asleep despite being tired, or I wake up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours, or I wake up way ahead of my morning alarm (the electronic, not projectile, kind). I don't know whether this is residual jet lag, or subconscious stress from being in a war zone, or just nervous excitement from being at a new job in a new place. Probably a combination of it all, and I don't discount the "surreality" factor of living in such a weird environment. It's wreaking havoc on my workout schedule, though, as well as forcing an increase in coffee consumption and making it hard to stay awake during meetings. At least I have Cobra II to keep me occupied during these insomniac interludes.

No comments: